The SMPS is currently hiring to fill the role of Office Administrator
The position is part-time, up to 25 hours per week, and is an excellent opportunity for anyone who loves San Marco and is wishing to familiarize themselves with topics including but not limited to nonprofit service, volunteer coordination, sales, historic preservation, land use and zoning, and communications.
Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
Hours: Flexible but set in-person office hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. plus occasional evening and weekend tasks. The position is part-time, up to 20 hours per week.
Organization Overview: The San Marco Preservation Society (SMPS) works to preserve and renew San Marco as an area of historical and architectural significance for the benefit of local residents and businesses and the education and enjoyment of visitors and the public at large.
Position Summary: Versatile Office Administrator based at the South Jacksonville City Hall, a historic building in San Marco. The Office Administrator will conduct and oversee various administrative tasks, maintain donor, member, and contact data, manage phone calls and visitors, distribute incoming mail, and collect and record grant statistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the organizational calendar of events and critical dates, ensure action as appropriate.
- Manage and respond to all phone calls, appointments, and visitors both to the SMPS Office and at the San Marco Preservation Hall.
- Assist the Preservation Hall Coordinator in the efficient running of events and management of Preservation Hall.
- Open and distribute incoming mail (postal and e-mail) and coordinate the flow of information within the organization, including responding or redirecting as appropriate.
- Ongoing management of the SMPS membership and contact databases.
- Record receipts and prepare and send donor acknowledgement letters.
- Plan and complete membership dues collection, processing, and record keeping in timely manner.
- Record, coordinate, and place orders for personalized bricks, house plaques, and occasional other merchandise.
- Promptly prepare, make, and document bank deposits for all cash and checks received.
- Maintain records of staff and board phone contact list, technology credentials, and building key distribution.
- Support the President in maintaining and updating procedure manual as it pertains to support functions of the organization.
- Manage office services and support of committees through maintenance and order of equipment, supplies, and general office upkeep.
- Assist with special events and projects, as required and as directed by The Board and/or the President. For example, support the President and the Board with scheduling meetings and speaking engagements; support Marketing / Communications with social media communications; assist other staff and board members with execution of annual events, such as Wine Down in the Parks.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures in cooperation with the President and other board members to improve operating efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
- Promote the overall health, wellness, success, and vitality of the San Marco community.
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suites. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to relate effectively with the staff, public and a diverse community of members. Proactive, organized, punctual, and attentive to detail. Professional and courteous both in person and in written communication. Knowledge of local history helpful, but nonessential.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.